Before You Arrive...
This page provides important information for visitors to the National Park, including opening hours, fees, tips & pointers, rules & regulations, and links to the National Park's own website.
Hours & Seasonal Openings
The Cuyahoga Valley National Park is open every day. Some areas close at dusk, but most are accessible 24/7. The main visitors center at Boston Store in Boston Heights is open year round, except Thanksgiving Day, December 25, and January 1:
- Spring: Daily, 9:30 a.m. – 5 p.m. in March and April; 8 a.m. – 6 p.m. in May
- Summer (June July, & August): Daily, 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Fall: Daily, 9:30 a.m. – 5 p.m. in September and October; 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. in November
- Winter (December, January, and February): Daily, 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Hours are subject to change and are often influenced by inclement weather. Before setting out to visit Cuyahoga Valley, check the National Park Service’s Park Closure page to ensure that the park is open.
Rules & Notices
- Pets are welcome in the Park, but must be kept on leashes and are not permitted in buildings.
- Particularly in the summer season, be cautious of insects in the Park. Use repellents to prevent tick and mosquito bites. Likewise, be mindful of poison ivy, which grows in many locations in the Park.
- Hike, bike, sled, and snowshoe carefully, remembering to stay clear of ledges, where the footing becomes unsteady. If visiting Brandywine Falls, exercise particular caution if it has rained recently, as the paths and rocky terrain become slick.
- Take a moment to read through some of the brochures released by the Park Service, which provide interesting and important information for visitors.
Fees & Contact info
- The Park is free to visit. While there is no formal entrance fee, guests are encouraged to make a small gift to the Park’s friends group, the Conservancy for the Cuyahoga Valley National Park. The Conservancy uses donation funds to promote education, arts, volunteerism, and recreation in the Park.
- Addresses and GPS Coordinates of points of interest can be found here.
- IN CASE OF EMERGENCY, call 911 immediately, or contact the CVNP Communication Center at 440-546-5945.